another front end rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cavell

Reaction score
i checked the steering column knuckle but i really feel like the vibration "drum" sound is coming from both front wheels. an expansion joint makes the front end sort of hum/drum or drone? not a clunk or knock. yes i read about the rear control arm bushings but they both look good with a bit of prodding with a pry bar. new struts might help? strut mounts? subframe bushings?

cavell

Reaction score
pretty sure some of it is from the steering column knuckle. i tried tweaking the knuckle/bolt under the dash and no luck. maybe a different shaft from a junkyard nox might help? they are 60 or so online.

cavell

Reaction score
ordered new struts. will see if it makes any diff in ride. noise. rattle. quiver.

cavell

Reaction score
Struts were totally wasted. New struts and top mounts and rides fine. Sold it. Got another one and it rattled too. Sold it after 6 months. Am on 3rd. Nice and quiet. I fix bad head gasket. My hobby.

Members online