YAY Amsoil...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would just like to say that Amsoil approved my commercial account for my business and also a credit line through Precision Edge Landscaping(My Company)!

This is all!

Reaction score
Sweet Brian.

Now to get all your equipment lined up to change over and get the great protection AMSOIL will provide.

Not to mention you must have outstanding credit!:waytogo:

Drummerjohn

Reaction score
I'm new to AMS oil, but a coworker of mine is a believer. One question the spec sheet on AMS oil recommends 0W-30 Signature series. Does anyone use this? Are there any benefits other than the obvious lower viscosity?

Why is it I can't find any 3rd party testing done to compare oil brands? The only comparison I can find are the ones done in 2003 by AMS oil themselves. I owned an Audi previously and they swear by Castrol Cyntec. If AMS is so great how come nobody else uses it?

I'm not ridiculing or anything just trying to understand.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
John,

They recommend the Signature series 0w-30 first but as you look they also recommend the asl 5w-30. The benefit the the 0w-30 is the oil flows faster at start up. In cold weather is is easier on your starter and battery. Also it helps with economy.

As for testing, AMSOIL puts the money out to show the differences between their oil and the competitors. Just their way of showing how AMSOIL stacks up to the competition. It is another way to market their product. Most just advertise which costs more in the long run and AMSOIL doesn't mass market like that to help keep the costs to the consumer down.

AMSOIL isn't available everywhere like the others, you will not find it in a WalMart or AutoZone. AMSOIL has relied on the Dealer network to get their products out to the masses and it has worked well from the beginning. It also doesn't advertise like Mobil, Pennzoil and others. Again this helps keep the cost down. Now you can purchase AMSOIL at the wholesale price. They have a Preferred Customer Program. It is similar to Sam's club, you become a member, which cost $20 a year and you can get everything from AMSOIL at the wholesale price. It really is a great deal if you purchase oil by the case. Saves you 20% or so off the retail price. Plus you get a monthly magazine from AMSOIL and you can log into the preferred customer zone at AMSOIL's web site and set up a cool online garage that can help you keep track of your maintenance. Also if you live close to a distribution center you can pick up your oil and save on freight costs.

I hope I didn't confuse you.

Drummerjohn

Reaction score
No confusion, Thanks for your reply!

So does anyone run the 0W-30?

Is there any negative to running 0W-30 in the summer?

I will probably order through my coworker first to see if there is any gain in using AMSoil.

I think I read that oil doesn't need to be changed until 15K-20K miles.

I am unable to find a filter that will support this drain interval. What does everyone else do about this; change their oil every 5K anyways?

Thanks again.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think I bought the OE oil last time. It probably cost me the same as I was paying for mobil 1 and is rated for 7000 miles.

Nick will probably tell you to buy oil filters at auto parts stores to save you a few bucks...

Now for my diesel truck I have oil that can be ran 80-100k miles. With the use of amsoils filtration system that will cost me about 250 bones and sending oil samples off to be analized I should save a couple hundred bucks...

I am a happy user!

Reaction score
No confusion, Thanks for your reply!

So does anyone run the 0W-30?

Is there any negative to running 0W-30 in the summer?

I will probably order through my coworker first to see if there is any gain in using AMSoil.

I think I read that oil doesn't need to be changed until 15K-20K miles.

I am unable to find a filter that will support this drain interval. What does everyone else do about this; change their oil every 5K anyways?

Thanks again.

If you run the ASL 5w-30 it is rated for 25k miles or one year which ever comes first. If you vehicle uses an AMSOIL EaO oil filter then it can go 25k miles as well with the oil. If it uses an Ea15K oil filter then the filter is only good for 15k miles but the oil is still good for 25k. Running the ASL and going the long drain interval is the way to go if you put a bunch of miles on your vehilce. If you don't put that many miles on in a year then the OE or XL oil is a better choice since it is less expensive. If you run the OE or XL then the current oil filter you are using will work just fine. I prefer Pure One filters for shorter drain intervals. It is a good quality filter and isn't to expensive.

Drummerjohn

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,

I put on about 15-20K miles a year. Can you change the filter without draining the oil? Or is that a big mess?

Drummerjohn

Reaction score
Ya I saw this one time when I was searching for a funny Halloween costume.

I have never let it go!

I can't be the only one who respects a Damn good mullet when I see one.:peace:

gaurdien

Reaction score
Fear the mullet! lol I have been running Amsoil in my Vues on and off for a couple of years. Always use synthetic though.

Members online

No members online now.