Would this be a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian6

Reaction score
Hello all, went car shopping with my girlfriend yesterday and she decided she wants a 2nd gen nox. I'm GM all the way but she wanted to test drive rav4, 1st gen nox, 2nd gen nox, trailblazer, and envoy. the rav drove like crap as I thought it would, and we werent impressed with the interior of the 1st gen nox [it wasnt a sport or upgraded package] same goes for the interior on the trailblazers seems like only the ss interior is really nice, but she needs better mpg [shes a first year teacher]. As soon as she got in the 2010 nox she was sold she loves the red stitching on the seats and she hasnt even seen the interior all lit up at night, we were both really impressed and the test drive was great. this was the one we test drove and I was hoping you guys could tell us if it is a good deal or not, I looked it up on kbb and it seems to book about 500 more than theyre asking but there are dents on the rear hatch to the right and left of the chrome trim so I was hoping to talk them down on price as much as possible even if the dents werent there. [I do collision repair so I can fix it]
Here's the link to the car http://www.brucelowriechevrolet.com/?http://www.cdmdata.com/CDMDigitalLot/Vehicles.asp?DealerID=4253
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it and look forward to becoming an active and supporting member of yalls forum

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Glad to have you on the site....

I couldn't see the car that you were posting but I would also check with NADA car pricing cause as I am sure you know that a lot of insurance companies go by the NADA pricing even with collision repair.

When I was looking for a SUV I wanted a Tahoe and the wife wanted something smaller. I already new in my mind that I would not buy the first Gen equinox. But as I learn more about them they were pretty good vehicles. I just didn't like the looks of them much....

The Tb and envoy can have their issues and I am like you. I don't buy unless it's GM too.

I think the Nbs Nox's are great vehicles and I would like to think that they will come down close to what you are thinking.

Ian6

Reaction score
It's a 2010 LT with 36000 miles, and theyre asking 24k. it has a clean carfax

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I would feel like you got a real good deal if you could get it for $20-22k. If they would fix the dents (PDR) I would agree to buy it at $23k and feel like it was a good deal.

rbiggers

Reaction score
I agree with 20K - 22K being a good deal. Of course it always matters if you are paying cash or have a big downpayment. I always shoot for meeting in the middle of what my first offer is and what their first counter offer is. It looks like it's in really good condition. Tell them you will put up with the dents if they'll give you 2K off, then fix them yourself :)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sorry for my laziness, I saw the vehicle and it looks nice! That's a great color. If you were able to get it at that price it will be nice!

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
If you are interested in a Black Granite 2011 with less than 10,000 (9350 )miles .I wouldn't want that much more than that dealer wants for the 2010 .
LT1 ,Sunroof ,Convenience Package, AWD.72/72 extended warranty no deductible .
I will order a 2012 in a minute .

Ian6

Reaction score
http://www.frankkenthonda.com/2010-Chevrolet-Equinox-LT-w1LT-Fort-Worth-TX/vd/7978361
She ended up getting this one today for 22k, no dings at all only blemish on the car is a small scratch on the rear driver side door about an inch long, it is through the clear coat so it cant be corrected by polishing it'll have to be touched up I'll see what i can do. I'm an installer at best buy so I'll be tinting it for her asap, 15% on the fronts and I havent decided what Im gonna put on the rears since its already factory tinted and dont want her saying "I cant see its too dark" lol and I'll put in a viper remote start w/ two way security next month for her birthday

Ian6

Reaction score
She's in love with "Mr. Nox" lol I'm just glad she stayed chevy. hopefully next week I'll have time to do a full paint correction and post pics

Members online

No members online now.