Wipers start,screen goes blank, check engine light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyingbuff

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Equinox Premier in Oklahoma City and drove it to Denver without any trouble. It has 71k miles.

Since I've gotten it home, I've gotten a "Reduced Engine Power" warning. I did some internet research and determined that the throttle body might need to be cleaned, so I did that and reset the engine light.

The car sat for a few weeks and then I went to drive it and, while on the road, the windshield wipers came on on their own the entertainment screen went blank and restarted and the check engine light came on. Very weird behavior.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be wrong? The cheap code reader that I have didn't find any codes, although the check engine light is still on.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bagbyjw

Reaction score
You have to have a good code reader like the BlueDriver. Also, the computers in these cars like batteries in top shape.
https://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS

I inserted a link above to the BlueDriver on Amazon but I can't change the text color to something that shows. The text is black just like everything on this site. I'd like to know how to fix that.
For changing the text color, when you reply to or start a new comment there is a paint pallet in which you can select the text. You have to click on the 3 vertical dots to see the paint pallet

TopHat

Reaction score
So how'd it go, find a solution? I suspect getting your battery checked and charged for free at Advanced Auto or similar might fix some of the issues.

Members online

No members online now.