Where is my Google Maps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ed morrow

Reaction score
I had a 2020 Equinox for 3.5 years and just got the 2023. My last vehicle would go to Google Maps when using Apple Carplay if I hit the Navigation button N,S,E,W. The 2023 goes to a page telling me to contact Onstar. I did not have Onstar on my last vehicle. Has anyone experienced this issue?

The small nuanced differences can be a bit irritating considering it is the same vehicle.

ricklack

Reaction score
I think you may need to start Carplay from the main menu on the Infotainment display - ie, home screen.

I use Android Auto and have to manually launch it. Then again, I have built in Nav, so if I hit the Nav button the Nav app opens. With Google maps and Waze these days, I don't know why they even offer built in Nav.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I think you may need to start Carplay from the main menu on the Infotainment display - ie, home screen.

I use Android Auto and have to manually launch it. Then again, I have built in Nav, so if I hit the Nav button the Nav app opens. With Google maps and Waze these days, I don't know why they even offer built in Nav.
When I picked my equinox up, the technical guy said use your phone to navigate the built in navigation isn't that great

SteveK

Reaction score
On mine it only works when the usb cable is plugged in and after first connection it automatically starts. On older versions I find had wireless connection which was abandoned.

Members online