When you change your oil....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Do you wait foreever trying to get that last drop of old oil out before replacing it with new?

I changed my oil in the nox and while its draining I plan other work to try and get as much out.

What do you do?

Lenn

Reaction score
I change it every 5k with Mobil1 synthetic. I also usually run half a quart or so of ATF for a few miles just to get all those detergents run thru the engine. I usually used Motorcraft filters when I had my F150 and a Mobil filter on the Mazda6. Probably going to use it on the Nox too.

The next oil change, I am going to use a jug of Valvoline NextGen that I got for free from Autozone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Drummerjohn

Reaction score
Just changed the oil with AMS oil 0W-30 and wix filter. Instead of waiting I flush with some clean oil, just enough to get the cruddy stuff out of the bottom. I don't wait for the last drop whe I do this, makes the oil change go faster and I know th sludge at the bottom reduced.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Been doing that for a long time, always have a few quarts around so I can dump one down the pipe.

Reaction score
Lets be realistic here everyone. You have brand new vehicles and maintain them well, you should not have "crud" inside to flush out. Now if it was a used vehicle and it had 100k miles on it yeah maybe. But I would bet an AMSOIL oil change that if you stuck a borescope inside the oil pan it would look nice and clean.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hey Nick, you know the saying "whatever helps you sleep better at night" that's what I am going for, peace of mind.

prheaume

Reaction score
One of my friend used an engine cleaner on his dad's chevy venture and it blew the engine off, how to make a dad upset in three easy steps haha

oleg1981

Reaction score
i just changed my oil changing every 5000km. my truck had oil consumption about 1l per 5000km. but last 2 changes i used castrol gtx high milage and oil consumption is down to ~0.5-0.6l per 5000k. a and i hit already 155000km :)

prheaume

Reaction score
An oil consomption is considered normal by the manufacturer if it stays lower than 1L per oil change.

Here at BMW we often put 1L per oil change cycle (oil service are 1 year / 25 000 km here ). Only the M series cannot exceed that as they use 10W60 instead of 5W30.

Staff online

Members online