Rear end vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
Hi to all!

Long time since I came here, being busy with the job but still alive :)

in the summer I noticed a vibration in the back of the truck. It was minor but there. I suspected that I lost a weight on the rear wheels. In Novembre I install brand new winter tires on my second wheel set, the vibration was worst than ever! I balanced the wheel again, vibration is still there but lower, but a 60 miles you can see a change in the voice (funny haha).

Looked with a tech at the dealership where I work, nothing loose, we will have to take the driveshaft appart to see if it's a joint or the center bearing that is bad.

According to GM, the joint can't be replaced, according to a shop I know, the joint can easily be replaced by some ATV joint with greasable tip.

I'll keep you updated of the work performed so you can replace them if you notice something in the future.

thanks

Pascal

prheaume

Reaction score
Good to hear from you! Keep us updated!

Sent from my XT1254

Hey man! was a long time! Been busy with the work and stuff around. The dealer where I work was bought by a big group of dealers, wnt trough some audits and everything, rought 2014, happy to see 2015 coming :)

prheaume

Reaction score
End up with a bad u-joint, found one on Napa, too big, 2005-06 Nox have bigger joints than 07-09, my nox is FWD since I found a solution. Might end up with a new one on rock auto

brandy

Reaction score
problem fixed?

So a new drive shaft fixed the vibration? I've been replacing stuff like crazy to try to get rid of that vibration. I'm running out of money to buy uneeded parts. Was thinking maybe about the driveshaft center support bearing.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
So a new drive shaft fixed the vibration? I've been replacing stuff like crazy to try to get rid of that vibration. I'm running out of money to buy uneeded parts. Was thinking maybe about the driveshaft center support bearing.

But it also could just be the U-joint.

thuzmund

Reaction score
The u joint and driveshaft bearing are often replaced together, and probably ought to be if you're pulling it all apart anyway, so you can consider those two halves of the same repair if that helps the math work out to your favor.

Members online