Rain in my Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocky123

Reaction score
So last night, I absent-mindedly left my driver side window open & it rained last night. My driver's seat & floor is soaked, as well as some water on the driver side door panel. Everything seems to be working ok, but I'm worried if water is in the door panal. My question is, what do I need to do to prevent any sort of water damage to the electronics in the door or water damage to the seat & floors? Thank you very much

rbiggers

Reaction score
Shop vac, fans, definitely what I would do. If everything still works after a day or two, I'd bet you are good to go.

Colt Hero

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, a hot summer rainstorm will cause my '97 Taurus wagon to collect stormwater on its roof while I'm at work. When it's time to go home, it can be completely dry outside and I would have no idea that a storm even occurred. So I get into my car, and immediately open the driver's window (because it's 200 degrees inside and the A/C can't help that quickly), and drive off. I take a left out of the parking lot, a right, another left, get up a decent head of steam on the main drag out of the facility, then stop at a stop sign - which is when a bucket of water comes off the roof and splashes down on the door panel and electrical buttons.

I've Never had a problem with any of the buttons ... and this has been going on for YEARS.

Footnote:

On occasion, if I think about it, I'll drive out of the facility with the windows up and snicker as the bucket of water streams down the glass on the OUTSIDE of the car. And this is not a weep-hole problem with the roof rack. The holes are clear. The water just seems to sit there until I hit that stop sign, at which time it all comes rushing forward, clears the end of the rack, and has just enough of a path to come crashing down the front pillar and through the open window. Very annoying!

Members online

No members online now.