Question about radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
Hi,

here's a quick question!

Back in September, I removed the original radio from my truck I've installed a single din Sony unit, with the harness that retains door chimes. The problem: I have no radio reception. I tested the continuity of the antenna adapter wich is good. The seller of my radio told me it is an internal problem and to ship back my radio for warranty.

I decided to go with a Pioneer model with my warranty store credit. Pluged everything tonight : exact same problem! No FM reception, except for 1 local channel.

When I plug the original one, all stations work, with the aftermarket, nothing.

My question : If I don't have an amp, do I have to plug the blue wires ? (remote amp, power antenna)

Thanks

Pascal

1ATony

Reaction score
Hi,

here's a quick question!

Back in September, I removed the original radio from my truck I've installed a single din Sony unit, with the harness that retains door chimes. The problem: I have no radio reception. I tested the continuity of the antenna adapter wich is good. The seller of my radio told me it is an internal problem and to ship back my radio for warranty.

I decided to go with a Pioneer model with my warranty store credit. Pluged everything tonight : exact same problem! No FM reception, except for 1 local channel.

When I plug the original one, all stations work, with the aftermarket, nothing.

My question : If I don't have an amp, do I have to plug the blue wires ? (remote amp, power antenna)

Thanks

Pascal

HI Pascal,

Jeeze that's a tough one. I'm not sure if there may be some type of a setting or program to enable your radio to be compatible with your vehicle.

You may want to ask this on the Crutchfield website. I bet they to tell you exactly what you need to do.

Tony

prheaume

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I was able to get the wiring diagram of the sound system, to found that there is an antenna signal amplifier located in the rear left of the vehicule, under a trim in the tailgate. This amplifier needs to be turned on with the remote signal of the radio as I tought.

I've taken appart the dash again, remove the radio and plugged the blue wire, and it works!!

Thanks anyway for taking time to answer! I appreciate it !

1ATony

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I was able to get the wiring diagram of the sound system, to found that there is an antenna signal amplifier located in the rear left of the vehicule, under a trim in the tailgate. This amplifier needs to be turned on with the remote signal of the radio as I tought.

I've taken appart the dash again, remove the radio and plugged the blue wire, and it works!!

Thanks anyway for taking time to answer! I appreciate it !

No problem at all. That's cool that you got it fixed.

Tony

Members online

No members online now.