Oil Filter Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davekp

Reaction score
What do you use to remove the oil filter on the 4-cylinder? Looks like a crow's foot is the only thing that fits.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I think it was the same thing for the inlaws HHR. But I thought we just used a socket to get it off.

Hopefully that tool will set you straight.

Reaction score
I change the neighbors Cobalt's oil and you can't get a regular socket on it, not enough clearance. This looks like it might provide that. I might have to pick one of these up.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Maybe we used I wrench... Who knows... It was a long time...

After we took the HHR off the ramps my father in law marked the ramps with tape.. Later to find that it would only work with his vehicle since the Nox is wider.

JohnMartyn

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2011 Camry SE, 4 cyl. The recommended oil change interval is 10k. This Lisle tool should be available or at least easy to order at your local auto parts store.It is actually less mess than a spin on filter. If you are making a mess, you are doing it wrong and over complicating it.

Members online