2020 moonroof defect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caireen77

Reaction score
I created a claim with GM. Had to pay for another diagnosis and the solution is to have the moonroof drains cleaned out with every oil change. I check the rear vents and wheel wells frequently just to make sure it’s dry.
I don’t see anything in the maintenance manual that mentions frequent cleaning of the drains so it’s ( in my opinion) a defect. But I don’t have the energy to fight this, so I will spend the money to have them drained every oil change.
I had to buy an ozone generator to get rid of the odor and the dealership used freeze fresh in behind the dash($99). The smell is gone.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I would bet it leaks again even with the cleaning at every oil change. Mine was repaired in May and leaked again in September. The dealer's are incompetent and the design is flawed. I gave up and used clear car wrap to cover the roof. It does not leak now.
Please file a complaint with the NTSB. It is a safety hazard because the water runs over the rear fuse panel. If enough people file a complaint, maybe they will force a recall.

Members online