2015 Equinox - Radio and Center Stack Freezing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baragas

Reaction score
I have an intermittent problem with my 2015 Equinox.

Occasionally, when I start the vehicle, the radio is frozen and sometimes the entire center stack is frozen. To fix, I have to reboot the vehicle. When I do that, sometimes the radio comes back on, but the screen is black for 30 seconds or more, then suddenly appears.

The dealer is stymied.

Has anyone seen this problem?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like they need to do a reflash.

There was also a recall on the older 'Noxes that involved the replacement of the climate control face. This also effected the electronics of the radio, too. Just a couple ideas.

Bill5056

Reaction score
Frozen Radio & My Link

I have an intermittent problem with my 2015 Equinox.

Occasionally, when I start the vehicle, the radio is frozen and sometimes the entire center stack is frozen. To fix, I have to reboot the vehicle. When I do that, sometimes the radio comes back on, but the screen is black for 30 seconds or more, then suddenly appears.

The dealer is stymied.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Wife brought her 2012 Chevy Equinox home tonight with no radio or cell phone connection. Display screen stayed on in radio mode when she shut off the car. I got in and started the car. Radio screen stayed on. No other apparent battery drain. It was also quiet. No heater fan. I reached up and pressed the phone logo on the rear view mirror. I heard the female voice say " Service ended. Goodbye." Radio came on, phone service restored and fan worked. :winner_third_h4h:

nanacar

Reaction score
Just got my 2015. I have had radio freeze twice. First time, just parked car remainder of day - and upon next start it was good. This morning, same thing. Will hope it is ok when I go to car after work. But, I missed having my morning tunes!! I do pair an iPhone 6 - does this have anything to do with? Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.