09 steering and engine fail after being jumped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adh1317

Reaction score
I have a 09 chevy equinox. yesterday, the battery died. after 2 failed attempts, we finally got the battery jumped by a tow truck driver. the jump, however, surged the fuse box and blew the power steering fuse. i turned the car on and off multiple times while trying to turn the wheel to get it unlocked before i discovered this, so the battery is all good. so i took the fuse that controls that to advanced auto to try and buy a new one, but i was told it has to be bought from a dealer. at the end, i put the fuse back in and as a hail mary i tried to start the car and see if it would unlock. now, everything turns on but the engine won t roll over. it does one good rotate and then dies. i don t even know where to start when it comes to fixing it. obviously i will have it towed to a dealer, but i want to get an idea of what could be wrong. any ideas at all?

Members online