Elec steering motor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cavell

Reaction score
Kid has rattle in column. I replaced knuckle assy. I’m pretty sure it is from motor assy. Found a nox in yard with no dash and exposed steering column. Took 5 min to remove motor assy. So, I am going to swap it out on nox. I have never seen this mentioned at site. But, I see this part removed on many noxs in junkyards. Is it never discussed?

and I see many more Saturn vues with part removed. I have both. Vue has same elec steering setup.
22827F43-D934-4FA5-9E74-000D9CC6E25D.jpeg

95-007

Reaction score
Kid has rattle in column. I replaced knuckle assy. I’m pretty sure it is from motor assy. Found a nox in yard with no dash and exposed steering column. Took 5 min to remove motor assy. So, I am going to swap it out on nox. I have never seen this mentioned at site. But, I see this part removed on many noxs in junkyards. Is it never discussed?

and I see many more Saturn vues with part removed. I have both. Vue has same elec steering setup.
View attachment 2053
Might have been a bad batch of motors from whichever factory made them. We haven't had the issue with 210k miles so far. The steering assist issue may have been something like the large number of '05 A/C compressors released from spain in '04 with no PAG oil inserted before putting the caps on. We were 'lucky' to get 2 of those with our cars.

cavell

Reaction score
My sister bought equinox with 20k miles in 2010. I drove it and it had rattle. My kid bought it 2 yrs ago and rattle remained. So it’s my problem to solve. On icy, rutted roads it is REALLY annoying.
I can’t imagine any GM car would rattle at 20k miles. Haha

Members online

No members online now.