Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

Rear differential leak

This is a discussion on Rear differential leak within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hi guys! last month I noticed a small leak on my rear differential seal on the left side. I replaced ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crossover Professional

prheaume is on a distinguished road
Default Rear differential leak

Hi guys!

last month I noticed a small leak on my rear differential seal on the left side. I replaced it, after a few miles I noticed that it was leaking again. I tought I didn't installed it correctly so I bought another one and had it installed by the transmission tech at the dealership where I work (dodge but a seal is a seal).

Last week I was on a vacation trip with the wife,stopped to put gas, guest what !! Leaking again!! I removed the rear carrier and took it to a speciality shop to have it rebuilt this morning. They say that everything is fine with the part but the vent is jammed. I cleaned it and re-install the carrier. Drove back home and the oil smell was back with oil on the carrier....

I truly don't know what to do next ! Any ideas ??

thanks

Pascal
prheaume is offline   Reply With Quote