Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox Maintenance

05-09 Equinox Maintenance

2008 Equinox with engine/stabiltrek issues

This is a discussion on 2008 Equinox with engine/stabiltrek issues within the 05-09 Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have a 2008 Equinox and I have been having issues. I will be driving and all of the sudden ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

ckwas21 is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 Equinox with engine/stabiltrek issues

I have a 2008 Equinox and I have been having issues. I will be driving and all of the sudden I will have bells going off and messages saying Service throttle, service stabiltrek, service traction control and engine powering down. (sometimes it is all messages sometimes a just one or two of them) My car shuts down. I start it after a minute and it runs fine with the engine light on. After about 2-3 times of starting my car up the engine light goes off. At first the dealer said it was from my remote start I had installed. So we removed it and I am still having problems. Any suggestions on what it could be? I will be taking it back to the dealer because they said the remote start was not letting them read all of the proper codes. Sounds kind of funny to me. But the car does run perfectly fine, no noises, or issues besides the problem discribed above.
ckwas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

oleg1981 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ckwas21 View Post
I have a 2008 Equinox and I have been having issues. I will be driving and all of the sudden I will have bells going off and messages saying Service throttle, service stabiltrek, service traction control and engine powering down. (sometimes it is all messages sometimes a just one or two of them) My car shuts down. I start it after a minute and it runs fine with the engine light on. After about 2-3 times of starting my car up the engine light goes off. At first the dealer said it was from my remote start I had installed. So we removed it and I am still having problems. Any suggestions on what it could be? I will be taking it back to the dealer because they said the remote start was not letting them read all of the proper codes. Sounds kind of funny to me. But the car does run perfectly fine, no noises, or issues besides the problem discribed above.
did this happened only after remote starter installation? or it was before that? where did you got the crank wire for the remote starter? what company i remote starter?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

ckwas21 is on a distinguished road

I had the remote start installed about a month after I had purchased the car. That was almost a year ago. I went through sound decisions in racine for the remote start and I am not sure where the crank wire is from. I have had the remote start uninstalled and it is still doing what it was before. I did notice that it happens real quickly after I fill up my gas tank. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.
ckwas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crossover Professional

08PILOT is on a distinguished road

Clicky -> Gulf Coast Trip Scare
Toy Hauler: "Feathers" Aluma 8218T
Owner/Admin "TN Classic Truck Club"
08PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

paniro187 is on a distinguished road

i replaced the egr valve and it solved my issue. go get the code red......dollar to a donut it's says egr valve. replace it
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote