Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox Forum > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction

My 2008 Equinox-Problem starting & strong gas smell

This is a discussion on My 2008 Equinox-Problem starting & strong gas smell within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Chevy Equinox Forum category!
Just started having this problem with my 2008 Equinox: Takes a little while to start & strong gas smell. Also, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

chevygal2455 is on a distinguished road
Default My 2008 Equinox-Problem starting & strong gas smell

Just started having this problem with my 2008 Equinox: Takes a little while to start & strong gas smell. Also, when it rains or I wash my car it leaks into the front passenger side of my car and the floor gets completely soaked and water & condensation stays in the front driver side headlight area.
chevygal2455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

mswerb is on a distinguished road

I just got a notice in the mail that some 2007 Equinox's may have a condition where the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump cracks and leaks fuel or fuel vapors. Not sure if this is true for the 2008 models. Doesn't quite sound like a recall, but it advises customers to take the vehicle to a Chevy dealership, confirm the condition, and repair it for free. This letter was dated July 2013. I am looking at it as I typed this response.

Hope this points you in the right direction.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I would imagine if this were fixed it would stop the slow starting issue!
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

12nox is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I received a recall notice on our 08 Uplander van at work about this same issue. We have not experienced any smell or noticed any cracks yet but I have the letter on file at work. It says to contact the dealer for a recall apointment to fix if it does happen. I would contact your stealer (dealer) and see if they have anything listed for a recall on this and maybe you can get it fixed for free. Just dont let them snicker you into anything else. Just be strong headed and tell them you only want this problem fixed and if anything else requires attention you will schedule an appointment later down the line.

Hope this helps some. New to the site and hoping to help folks out in need.

Jon
Nelson Virginia
12nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

matthewinaz is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 leaking

I saw your post.. Not sure what the problem with your equinox was but since mine isn't covered with the recall I'm doing it myself. I have everything disconnected except for the gas fill line. I have to empty the entire take of gas. It's a full tank. What was caused your fuel/gas leak?
matthewinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

jackshabebe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mswerb View Post
I just got a notice in the mail that some 2007 Equinox's may have a condition where the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump cracks and leaks fuel or fuel vapors. Not sure if this is true for the 2008 models. Doesn't quite sound like a recall, but it advises customers to take the vehicle to a Chevy dealership, confirm the condition, and repair it for free. This letter was dated July 2013. I am looking at it as I typed this response.

Hope this points you in the right direction.
Do you know if there was ever a solution to this problem as my 08 equinox is now smelling like gas
jackshabebe is offline   Reply With Quote