USB MP3 Recognition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tundra Dweller

Reaction score
Got my new 2023. Had a 2019 impala that had the same issue with intermittent USB music playing. This is what works to get the system to recognize the USB in the front port. Hit home, audio, at the bottom hit more. the drive may come up as an extra mass storage device.
Select this and Rock on!

BruceC

Reaction score
Got my new 2023. Had a 2019 impala that had the same issue with intermittent USB music playing. This is what works to get the system to recognize the USB in the front port. Hit home, audio, at the bottom hit more. the drive may come up as an extra mass storage device.
Select this and Rock on!
Hopefully you found your answer - I just joined as I bought my Equinox this past March. Saw your post and thought I would send along my findings... I have had similar problems with the USB stick. I have the most success with a USB 3.0 stick (have not tried USB 3.1) and formatting under the NTFS File system. I have purchased a 2022 Equinox in March 2024. I currently have 756 individual songs on one USB stick and 37 full length albums on a second USD stick and working fine for the last two weeks. I have not understood how to use the file system on the cars audio system so I can have individual songs and albums on one drive in separate folders and choose which to listen to - working on this

Members online

No members online now.