Newbie here need buying advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSDude

Reaction score
Hi All ..

I'm a newbie to this forum . I'm planning to buy an AWD equinox either this month or december and wanted some advice from the experts here. If you were in the market looking for an equinox would you go for a 2010 , 2011 or go for a brand new 2012 model? Are there any significant differences between these 3 model years? I live in NJ hence the need for an AWD for the winters. I'm eyeing the 3.0L version [probably LT] but what has your experience been for those who test drove both? Any help/feedback will be really appreciated. Thanks y'all..

prheaume

Reaction score
If you go AWD, no question, go with the V6. And for the size of the vehicule, I'll go with a V6 whatever if it's FWD or AWD. But that's my opinion.

Go to the nearest dealer and check with the financial, maybe a brand new will not be a lot more expensive. I think GM offer 0% these days.

SSDude

Reaction score
Thanks prheaume.

Are there any significant differences between the 2010,2011,2012 versions?

08PILOT

Reaction score
I'd own a NBS if they made a "SPORT" but they didn't so
we bought an 08 Loaded OBS, She's AWD and has the 6

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Personally if you were going for a LTZ model I would go for newer than 2010. I think 2011 was the start of the onstar app on smartphones for remote start and other newer features.

rbiggers

Reaction score
I'd definitely go for a 2012, but I prefer to buy brand new. Hardly any differences that I know of between the 2010 and 2011. We have an LT 2010 and my mother-in-law has an LTZ 2011. Both are V6s and we love them!

And by the way, the OnStar app on the newer models is awesome! I have it on my 2011 Silverado. Wish we had it on our Equinox.

SSDude

Reaction score
Thanks all you guys especially for reminding me about the onstar difference. Had forgotten about that. Had gotten an 11 camaro because of that very reason a year back. Should have figured it was a platform difference applicable to all makes. Going the family way now so need an SUV. Might be seeing you guys more often soon

rbiggers

Reaction score
Thanks all you guys especially for reminding me about the onstar difference. Had forgotten about that. Had gotten an 11 camaro because of that very reason a year back. Should have figured it was a platform difference applicable to all makes. Going the family way now so need an SUV. Might be seeing you guys more often soon

Please post pics of your Camaro!!!

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
the onstar app is fun and nice to have if you have a phone.

prheaume

Reaction score
with the 0% financial rate ... I want a new one so bad !!

On the other side.. the boss makes us an employees deal to get a used car market.

The deal is ranting a BMW 328 X drive, summer and winter tire included, all service included .. for 320$ a month ... for 2 years... god... if he can make that deal for a 530 ... I'll sign right now !! lol

luckyusaf

Reaction score
I am also looking to buy an Equinox soon and need some opinions!

In the next month or so I will purchase a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ FWD in Black Granite. After reading some posts here I see there is no real difference performance wise between the AWD and FWD, so I decided to go with the FWD! Now the only thing left is to decide between the 2.4L V4 and the 3.0L V6. I have read that both get pretty close to the same highway mileage in this forum. I plan on adding every performance part I can down the road. So I guess what I am looking for is an opinion on whether there will be more more performance parts available down the road for 2.4L or the 3.0L???

Members online

No members online now.