MyLink reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLD

Reaction score
2014 Equinox LTZ. My Link blank screen. Radio operates for about 3 seconds then drops off then repeats same thing in a minute or so. No Bluetooth. Trying to locate a reset procedure for the My Link.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
I found this on the WEB

To perform a factory reset on Chevy MyLink:

• Select the “Settings” icon from the Home menu.
  • Scroll down to “Return to Factory Settings” and select this option.
  • Choose from the available options to “Restore Vehicle Settings,” “Clear All Private Data,” or “Restore Radio Settings,” depending on the type of issue that you’re having. You may need to progress through multiple options here to resolve your issues fully.
To reset your Chevy MyLink system entirely, hold down the Home and Fast Forward buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. This should reboot the system and resolve any problems that you’re having. This type of reset is the ideal solution if your infotainment screen is frozen, the system isn’t responding properly to cues, or you can’t get your devices to pair despite trying the tactics listed in the previous section.

RLD

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. This reset requires the MyLink screen to work. My screen is black and totally inoperative. No radio, Bluetooth. At rare times the system would operate but would not operate later. Now it is totally dead. The push Home/FF together fails. I hope the computer does not need replacing. Thanks again.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then re-attach and see if that may help. I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

RLD

Reaction score
Thank you for that suggestion on the MyLink reset. I have tried that several times by removing the pos/neg cables and waiting for an hour to reconnect. No success. The MyLink in the beginning would not turn on when I first started the engine but would kick in a min or so later. Over a short amount of time, it began to take longer to come on and eventually stopped coming on. Sounds like maybe a relay or connector plug. I have a GMC Sierra that had Intellilink problem just turning on then off, changing channels and such. I found a fix on the internet that directed me to unplug a blue connector on the computer and reconnect it. It worked and has worked without fail for almost a year now. As now, I was trying to avoid a Dealer Service visit which can be expensive as I am sure you know. Thanks again for your reply.

RLD

Reaction score
2014 Equinox LTZ. My Link blank screen. Radio operates for about 3 seconds then drops off then repeats same thing in a minute or so. No Bluetooth. Trying to locate a reset procedure for the My Link.
UPDATE: After many days of trying to find a reset procedure that would reset the MyLink in my 2014 LTZ Equinox, I gave in and took my auto to a GMC dealer in Kennesaw, Georgia. Just as I expected, a whole sale on replacing the complete system from modules to a new screen for $1, 370.00. Works great which has a warranty of two years and unlimited mileage. If you have a problem with a MyLink or intelliLink, be sure and check out this forum and/or scan the internet for a fix. The internet provided a procedure to reset my 2015 GMC truck intellilink after my radio would at random turn on and off and a few other crazy things. This was about 10 months ago and it is still working fine. In short I removed and reset the blue connector on the computer located behind the glove box. DONE with out cost. Thanks to all of you that gave me many ides on the Equinox.

Members online

No members online now.