2024 fuel door opens by itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oshkash

Reaction score
We have a brand new 2024. The first time we noticed it was after a car wash. The field door was open and then the other night. When we came home from dinner, it was open again? What could be causing this?
Thank you

ricklack

Reaction score
Perhaps the latch that keeps the door shut needs adjusting. I would mention it to the dealer.

CADGenius

Reaction score
I had a 2020 Equinox Premier and now a 2024 Nox RS. Same thing happens at the car wash at times. Not all the time. It is the dryers that are pushing the door just a tad and then it opens all the way. Not all the time. Never happened when parked in a lot. Maybe someone was siphoning the gas?

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Maybe someone was siphoning the gas?
I fully expected the fuel door on a new vehicle to have to be unlatched from the inside, for that very reason. I was disappointed that it doesn't have that feature, especially with a capless gas system where I can't buy a locking gas cap.

ricklack

Reaction score
I fully expected the fuel door on a new vehicle to have to be unlatched from the inside, for that very reason. I was disappointed that it doesn't have that feature, especially with a capless gas system where I can't buy a locking gas cap.
there are some locking devices available for capless systems, I've seen them somewhere. Not sure how well they work

Members online

No members online now.