2010 nox hid problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ponczek

Reaction score
hey guys im new to the site not sure if this is the place for this but i got a lil issuse going on here... i have a 2010 chevy equinox and i have installed HID head lights in the vehicle. Installed the kit with no issues and also used in relay haness kit since the low beams are intergrated with the DRL`s.... but they problem i am having is that when i turn the light on manually everything works perfectly fine no flickering no nothing.. but when i have the swithc in the auto position i have no problems when its in the evening when the low beams are on.... but when im driving in the day time and the head lights are not on im having issues with the display in the vehicle and heat controlls.. say for example it freeze on the screen and i cant go to a different screen or if i wanna set a temp i turn the nob to the selected temp but it just shoots to HI or Low.... this only happens when the head lights are in the auto position... if i turn the lights completely off or turn them on.... there is no problems and everything works 100% any one have this problem or smialer only thing i can think of is something to do with hid and DRL`s

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hello Peter, Welcome to the site! Sorry that you had difficulty getting on here... Let me know what it was so I can work on it...

2 things that come to my mind... It seems that there must be a wire that needs to be spliced in with the HID kit so that it works with the "Auto" lights properly.

I know that there are some on here who have actually installed HID's but I would also check with the company that you got them from for any other details..

On a side note there is a recall that takes care of a module within the dash that effects everything that you mentioned... I am wondering if this is related. I know it sound like a coincidence but who knows... I had this module replaced at the dealer.

Hope this at least helps a little. Others will be chiming in soon.

Members online

No members online now.