2010 Equinox won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Nox Texas

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased a 2010 Equinox last year and within the first 3 months started messing up with the "service stability track " and reduced engine power very dangerous when driving on the highway. Anyway I would turn off for a few minutes and will drive again fine. Until one day just didn't want to start again it crankrd but will not start, so towed it home - replaced new battery and new throttle body assembly. Still will not start and no codes found and no service messages, also tried starter fluid and nothing. I can hear loud clicking when I have it in ON key position and pressing accelerator? All it does it sounds like wanting to start but it doesn't. It has fuel so if anyone has suggestions Please enlighten me , Thanks!

And another thing the remote starter doesn't work as well, it unlocks and everything.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like it could a your crank position sensors are reading that your timing is off. I would guess it could be your timing chain.

What engine do you have?

Sent from my XT1254

2010 Nox Texas

Reaction score
No engine light on or service messages on from the vehicle.
I put I in the scanner and no codes, the last codes it had were the p0122 and p0223. I have replaced the throttle body assembly brand new. So Im thinking next to install the accelerator pedal assembly. Any ideas while I wait for the pedal assembly?

Thanks !

jtwicked82

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox, and it will not start, no cranking, nothing. We've replaced battery, ignition, computer, now a blown fuse box. Is this issue similar to yours not starting?

Appleman

Reaction score
2010 Equinox wont start

One week ago, the air conditioning compressor seized while driving and broke the serpentine belt. I had it towed home. I removed the air box which included unplugging the mass air flow sensor in order to remove it It will kick and at times, will start for two or three seconds and it won't die, it will shut off. I've checked fuel pump, security light is not flashing and it's not showing any codes. I've also put anti icing fluid in tank. I'm stumped. Battery is fully charged from my charger. PCV is clear. Mass Air flow sensor is plugged in.
Can't afford to tow to garage nor a mechanic.
Help

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.