' 10 Nox crankcase pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XIVRanch

Reaction score
Hello,
We had the fuel pump, balance chain, and ecm fixed this fall and ever since we have been having problems. Started as an exhaust smell in car through the heater and we took it back 3 times and they said they couldn't find anything. I got to poking around under the hood and noticed the pcv hose had blown off the engine. Put it back on and all was well. Now it has started blowing this hose off at least once per day. I had the engine idling and took the oil cap off and the pressure blew the cap out of my hand. This can't be normal, right? Are the rings shot and this is blow by? Would the fuel leaking into the crankcase cause premature wear to the rings by poor lubrication? Dealer has given up and told me to take it somewhere else. Anybody else experiencing this?
TIA
Shawn

Bicdaddy

Reaction score
Correct, this is not normal. There should be a hose going from your crankcase to the air intake. Check to see if this is crimped or clogged. You should probably replace your PCV valve as well, and this time use hose clamps.
One other thing. If you bought it used, check to see if the previous owner installed an Oil Catch can. It would have one line going in from the crank case line, and the outlet (should be on top) going to the air intake. If there is one installed, it should be drained everytime the oil is changed, but it could also cause a pressure issue if it is clogged.

Members online

No members online now.