Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Exterior Modifications

Exterior Modifications

Side view mirror replacement

This is a discussion on Side view mirror replacement within the Exterior Modifications forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
My buddy clipped the passenger side view mirror last night. There's a scratch in the paint, which is no big ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Paniller is on a distinguished road
Default Side view mirror replacement

My buddy clipped the passenger side view mirror last night. There's a scratch in the paint, which is no big deal. The problem is a piece cracked on the bottom side of the folding joint, the stalk side. So, it doesn't seem to want to lock back in. So, maybe you guys can answer a few questions for me.

1) Can you easily dismantle/unlock the joint, so I can use her top painted half, and a new generic black bottom half?
2) She has a 07, with power mirrors. Are they all pretty much universal, or is there a certain style I should look for, and others to avoid.
3) Any links to replacement? I'm guessing just some hidden screws, then the door panels pop off like other cars?

Also, it's the tan/bronze color if anyone knows of one complete assembly for sale.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Paniller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I can get you direct links later but I will give you a couple places to check in the meantime.

First of all always check craigslist.org or ebay...

I use www.gmpartsdirect.com for most of my OE parts replacement.

Another thing to try is calling the dealer with you Vin. Ask for the part number of the item you need replaced search using the part number on google. Sometimes you can find the best deals that way.

You can paint it but if it were me I would replace it so that it is 100% functional.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote