Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Exterior Modifications

Exterior Modifications

Liftgate Applique/Emblem Painted

This is a discussion on Liftgate Applique/Emblem Painted within the Exterior Modifications forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
Hello All, Just wondering if anyone has painted their rear liftgate applique? If so, do you know what the material ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

burbi58 is on a distinguished road
Default Liftgate Applique/Emblem Painted

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone has painted their rear liftgate applique? If so, do you know what the material is? Currently mine is the chrome plated version and I would like to have it painted gunmetal and blackout the emblem. I just want to know the base material so that the chrome plating can be stripped off properly.

Thanks,
Billy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (4.6 KB, 42 views)
burbi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's all plastic. That being said, check out the vinyl options that overlay these bowtie's on ebay. I used to paint all mine but the stuff they have on ebay is pretty enticing.

Obviously, the vinyl comes in squares and you have to cut it how you like but you can also adhere it to the chrome!
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

the murder nox is on a distinguished road

Make sure its clean and follow instructions on plasti-dip can.there's nothing true chrome on these things and plastidip peels off with 0 worries.I've done half my 2016 nox in it lol
the murder nox is offline   Reply With Quote