Wireless charge pad retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ohyeahjay

Reaction score
Have the 2022 LT and just upgraded my phone that has wireless charging capability. I have seen this done on other vehicles but just wondering if anyone has done the swap on here yet from non wireless charging pad to the wireless charging pad.

ohyeahjay

Reaction score
Easier for sure but thought I would do it anyways. I have the charge pad and picking up the tray piece on Saturday. Bracket for the charge pad is on back order with no ETA but once I get the tray piece I will see if I can make something work.

ohyeahjay

Reaction score
Well I am defeated for now and lessons learned. I ordered 13547618 thinking the charging device would be separate from the tray it sits in but you do not have to. Part number 84552959 comes with the tray and wireless charging device for less money ($71.25US) than the wireless charging device itself. Makes no sense but anyways it is installed but there is no plug for it. My research led me to believe the wiring harnesses for all models were the same but I could not find an unused plug laying around. So I am back to parts catalogs to find what I need for a wiring harness.

Last edited:

Rioux

Reaction score
Thanks for info, I'm also interested, let us know about your research, thanks

ohyeahjay

Reaction score
Ok, so digging through wiring harness pictures I found 404parts.com sells the wireless upgrade kit with everything you need. I emailed asking if they can sell me the wiring harness (or least provide the GM part number).

Last edited:

ohyeahjay

Reaction score
Project done and successful. 404Parts sold me the harness for $95 and I took everything apart and plugged it in and all works. It does not display on the radio that its charging but wasn't a big deal for me. So at the end of the day if you want to install a factory gm wireless pad it can be done and is around $200 and a couple of hours of time.

Members online

No members online now.