Window Washer Fluid Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAST

Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 GMC Terrain. I got a really good deal on it, but while test driving it I did not check to see if the window washer fluid worked. It failed the safety inspection because of this.

I went and bought some washer fluid and put it in the reservoir...no leak. But when I try and run my fluid to my front windshield the washer fluid leaks all over by the drivers side front tire. I know the pump works, but I think that the hose might be broke or disconnected.

Does anyone know what to do? How do I go about fixing this problem? Any advice would be great.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Well i think the first thing i would do is get under the hood and try to find where the leak is coming from. If the hose is broken i would try to find some rubber hose i could bridge the break from and some small clamps to hold it together.

If you purchased from a dealer as a certified pre-owned i would take it back and have them fix it.

thebluegoat

Reaction score
If you open your hood and pop off the trim piece that covers the length of the fender there is a washer hose connection there, sounds like it's either broken or wasn't connected properly.

randylutz

Reaction score
Seems like you have a hose issue. If you just purchased it, your dealer should do something abt it. I'd call them and take it back.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.