Voice Regognition for Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBR

Reaction score
The Equinox Owner's Manual states "Voice Recognition for the Radio If browsing the audio sources when voice is touched, the voice recognition commands for AM, FM, and SiriusXM (if equipped) are available. “Switch to AM” : Switch bands to AM and tune to the last AM radio station. “Switch to FM” : Switch bands to FM and tune to the last FM radio station. “Switch to SXM” : Switch bands to SiriusXM and tune to the last SiriusXM channel. “Tune to <AM frequency> AM” : Tune to the radio station whose frequency is identified in the command (like “nine fifty”)."

I am using Android Auto.

I have tried to use the above voice commands with and without Android Auto connected. Either way, the voice commands do not work.

Has anyone had the same experience or a workable solution?

JBR

Reaction score
When I posted the above regarding voice commands for the radio (2021 Equinix), I did not see the similar post by "auxiliary" of September 7th. My situation is somewhat different. My Voice Recognition works properly except for functions of the radio.

sakustoms

Reaction score
Just got a 2022 Equinox RS. When I push the voice command button Siri (Apple Carplay) comes on and says "that is not supported" or something of that nature.

I didn't think this vehicle had an actual voice command function. How do I get it to work while apple carplay is connected?

rebel71292

Reaction score
According to what I have heard is that voice rec. only works with phone. Also the 2022 will not allow you to browes the XM or USB channels and songs while driving over 5 mph. Sad situation if you want a channel on XM or a song on your USB

Members online