Turn signal swap for fog lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGutta

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum. Just purchased a 22 equinox rs and as the title says, wondering if I could swap the turn signals for fog lights. I know there isn't a way to turn them on so I'd install a switch. On the premier which is one trim above the fog lights are in the same place and I wonder if it's already wired for them. I know a lot of times they'll do one run to save money. Found that out in a 16 Malibu I had that didn't have fog lights but were pre-wired for them. Same with the rear deck lid...had 6 x 9 cut outs but no 6 x 9's. It's not that big a deal...I got the RS because in my opinion it looks so much better than the premier. That different grill and everything blacked out caught my eye. Anyway, glad to be here and thanks for having me...

ricklack

Reaction score
I wondered the same as you when I got my RS. To me it's unthinkable that a "Rally Sport" model does not have driving/fog lights. I have not researched it much and will watch this thread with interest.

I will say that the LED headlights really light up the road well.

Reaction score
my 2019 came in w/o Fogs so I bought a set of Fog/Turn lights because there is no way to retrofit the Factory Signal light only module. Changed 'em out, put on a separate dedicated circuit with fuse an switch.
Good to go.....

ricklack

Reaction score
Giving this more thought - I saw a Premier and it does have the fog lights, but the turn signals are integrated into the headlight assemblies and are also LED, unlike our RS. To install factory type driving lights you would also need to change out the headlamp assemblies, there would also need to be wiring harness changes. Seems like more trouble than I am prepared to bother with.

As I said, the LED headlights work so well that I no longer feel the need for fog/DRLs. Still irks me that an RS does not have these. Not even as an option. Rally Sport my butt.

JGutta

Reaction score
Giving this more thought - I saw a Premier and it does have the fog lights, but the turn signals are integrated into the headlight assemblies and are also LED, unlike our RS. To install factory type driving lights you would also need to change out the headlamp assemblies, there would also need to be wiring harness changes. Seems like more trouble than I am prepared to bother with.

As I said, the LED headlights work so well that I no longer feel the need for fog/DRLs. Still irks me that an RS does not have these. Not even as an option. Rally Sport my butt.
Yea the premier has the turn signals integrated into the headlight assembly. You wouldn’t have to change anything out except the turn signals. Simply remove them and install fogs and run a dedicated rocket switch to the interior to turn them on and off or wire them into the drl’s to turn on and off with the car. You just wouldn’t have front turn signals which may or may not be against the law lol. You still have them on your mirrors. That would be a personal decision. I’m not mad at the lack of fogs though the more I sat back and thought about it. We have just about everything the premier has minus fog lights, auto park (which didn’t even work that well when I was test driving one), homelink (I have myQ anyway) and a wireless charging pad. My last 4 cars had a charging pad and I never used it anyway. I’m willing to sacrifice all of that for the pure aesthetics of the rs…it’s night and day. Looks like a totally different suv.

Mtcrumb

Reaction score
I purchased these they replace the lower turn signals on the RS , wired to the head lamp so they are fogs when the
head are on then turn sequential Amber when used as a turning indicator . The fit is perfect I just need to wire up.

Attachments

• D38000F9-5316-41F4-9785-D4FDC5745D62.png
    D38000F9-5316-41F4-9785-D4FDC5745D62.png
    643.5 KB · Views: 15

JGutta

Reaction score
I purchased these they replace the lower turn signals on the RS , wired to the head lamp so they are fogs when the
head are on then turn sequential Amber when used as a turning indicator . The fit is perfect I just need to wire up.
I checked that out and it looks awesome. Kind of complicated to hook up for a noob but imma give it a shot. Wish it was plug and play.

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum. Just purchased a 22 equinox rs and as the title says, wondering if I could swap the turn signals for fog lights. I know there isn't a way to turn them on so I'd install a switch. On the premier which is one trim above the fog lights are in the same place and I wonder if it's already wired for them. I know a lot of times they'll do one run to save money. Found that out in a 16 Malibu I had that didn't have fog lights but were pre-wired for them. Same with the rear deck lid...had 6 x 9 cut outs but no 6 x 9's. It's not that big a deal...I got the RS because in my opinion it looks so much better than the premier. That different grill and everything blacked out caught my eye. Anyway, glad to be here and thanks for having me...
ebay has complete Modules with turn signal/fog light Sockets, Wiring with Relay and Fuse. Best to install on a Separate Circuit w/switch.
IF you tap into Factory wiring one may experience issues w/ECM AND may VOID the Warranty.

Members online

No members online now.