Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waldo

Reaction score
HI.. 2016 awd v6 nox 72k miles.. is there issues with the transmission shifting at higher rpms with these vehicles ? i can find nothing on them. if i m cruising any speed, and hit it, drops down cpl gears but then won t shift up if i hold fuel steady, i have to let completely off on the gas to get it to shift up again. Under normal conditions shifts just fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks Al

comp

Reaction score
my 17,,2.4 was doing that till i did a trans drain and refill then fogged intake 3 times then changed oil the 2.4 really does pull better off idle to 2200,,past that dont notice as much but the shifting is alot better after doing both,,,,i know its a 2.4 just my 2cents,,,,,,im at 73k as of today

Waldo

Reaction score
Thank you sir, atf change wasnon my list. Dexron 6, synthetic or non ? Can t find a definative answer.

Waldo

Reaction score
Well I did the change and seems to shift better I could find nothing on YouTube or anywhere how to check the level you're supposed to pull the wheel off and pull the plug out and when it comes out there you know it's at the right level well I don't have a plug there so anyways I took the cap off and lo and behold there's a dipstick on the end of the filler cap so I learned something but it's not posted anywhere

fireman2409

Reaction score
HI.. 2016 awd v6 nox 72k miles.. is there issues with the transmission shifting at higher rpms with these vehicles ? i can find nothing on them. if i m cruising any speed, and hit it, drops down cpl gears but then won t shift up if i hold fuel steady, i have to let completely off on the gas to get it to shift up again. Under normal conditions shifts just fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks Al
My 15 nox 3.6 awd started acting strange like that around 78000. Then I was getting radical banging and studder with shifting when in a drifting to reaccelerate mode. Such as when approaching a stop light, let of the gas, drift then needing to accelerate because the light turned green. It worsened quickly after till the trans had to be replaced at 80,000. I brought it to the dealer, then kinda got screwed, because they said although it was March of 2020, I thought it was still under the 5yr- 100k powertrain warranty, they wouldn't honor it because it rolled off the line in Nov 2014 and was purchased by the previous owner in Feb 2015. That was bs, so I got it done at a professional trans shop, the guy said it's a known problem. I'm glad I went outside the dealer, he gave me a straight up 100,000 warranty on my new trans.

Waldo

Reaction score
update for mine... changed out the fluid. and still shifts normal under normal, but when pressed into dropping a gear, it still a little slow on the upshit unless i hit the red line. but if i run it to 5 or 5500 it won t shift until i let off on the go pedal, then still takes time for it to shift. Am guessing this is just the norm for these trans/engine combos.

comp

Reaction score
mine is doing it a little more again 12k on fluid change,,im wondering about cleaning the throttle peddle with electronic cleaner have had luck with others ?? anybody

comp

Reaction score
Oh mine is staying in 5th to 3500 rpm vary slite lift and goes into 6th turning 2k

Waldo

Reaction score
I thinking of dumping mine on a Cadillac XTS 4, I need to do some research first and see if there's any issues with their Transmissions

Members online