Towing my 2019 Equinox four wheels down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HHAMMERMAN

Reaction score
I have a large motorhome and I tow my 2019 Equinox four wheels down. It is connected to the MH via a Blue Ox Hitch. I go through the procedure in the manual to put it into neutral. I put the shift lever into neutral and turn off the engine without putting my foot on the brake. All good. Except that the battery runs down. Does anyone know which fuse controls the chime that goes off when I do this? Has anyone put that fuse on a switch? What switch?
Howard Hammerman

Ray

Reaction score
I had a charge line installed. It uses the mh charging system.

dmalerba

Reaction score
I have a large motorhome and I tow my 2019 Equinox four wheels down. It is connected to the MH via a Blue Ox Hitch. I go through the procedure in the manual to put it into neutral. I put the shift lever into neutral and turn off the engine without putting my foot on the brake. All good. Except that the battery runs down. Does anyone know which fuse controls the chime that goes off when I do this? Has anyone put that fuse on a switch? What switch?
Howard Hammerman
I had a cutoff switch installed. I believe etrailer has them. Been using it trouble free for 9 years.

Mudslidemary

Reaction score
I had a cutoff switch installed. I believe etrailer has them. Been using it trouble free for 9 years.

Battery cutoff switch? It still allows the steering wheel to turn without having the battery on? Will I still be able to use my braking system if the battery is off?

Pjgunning

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Diesel and have the same issue. I ran a separate circuit from the chassis battery to a RVi Towed battery charger and still it drains the battery. This had been our biggest complaint with towing flat and our Equinox. I really wish someone had a solution.

spaycace

Reaction score
Solution: put the 'Nox on a trailer; less wear and tear on your Equinox, and you can protect it better from road debris thrown back from your RV too ... either with a front shield on the trailer, or a custom-fit car cover.

Pjgunning

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion but trailering is not a viable solution for us.

Dave333

Reaction score
Howard Hammerman
Do you have the 2.0 engine?

Gyrocop

Reaction score
Okay, this may take a while so bear with me. I will tell you I spent two seasons pulling our 2019 Diesel Premium AWD and having its battery die on me in well under the 200 mike maek.

So, after struggling from winter of 2018 to through the winter of 2021 I drove my car and motorhome to Roadmaster in Vancouver Washington.

We were treated like friends and family. They inspected the proportional Buddy Break, they inspected the wiring on the toad lighting system and the power wire from the motorhome to the toad.

When they finished 8 hours later and called us in, the bill was only $150.00 for the new six wire receptacle and the coil cord between the Motorhome and Toad.

Turns out that the main power wire coming directly from the Motorhome chassis battery to the toad battery was defective.

We still stop and run the toad anytime we are parked for 20 minutes or so. Since the fix we have not been stranded. Note: 8 gauge wires from the MH battery to the Toad is recommended. We have been towing incident free for two years now. I did buy a new battery too, as the other was toast after so many full drains.

Members online

No members online now.