Tire speed ratung

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ski

Reaction score
Want to put winter tires on my nox Found a good deal but speed rating drops to a s from a t I dont believe this is a problem but would like other opinions

ricklack

Reaction score
Should be no problem unless you consistently drive fast enough for the speed rating to matter. S rating is fast enough if you aren't in Germany on the Autobahn LOL

spaycace

Reaction score
I really don’t see the 6 mph drop as a big deal … but winter tires are not necessarily advertised as high speed driving tires. They’re built for a purpose and I’d venture to say that anything above 55-60 mph, they aren’t going to be much different than a highly capable all-season tire. I believe tirerack only tests them stopping from a slow speed (20-30 mph) and again with a low speed acceleration test, and they do that for a reason. Winter tires are not high speed summer only tires, nor high performance all-season tires, they are designed for low speed improvements in stopping and acceleration in winter driving conditions.

Members online