Tire Size Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy-nana

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone run slightly bigger tires on their Nox? Ours is a '13 LT with 18" rims. Stock tire size is 235/55/18. I was thinking of bumping up to a little taller and wider tire: 265/65/18, but wanted to know if anyone had tried anything like that and whether it effected turning radius or anything else.
Thanks for your help!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone run slightly bigger tires on their Nox? Ours is a '13 LT with 18" rims. Stock tire size is 235/55/18. I was thinking of bumping up to a little taller and wider tire: 265/65/18, but wanted to know if anyone had tried anything like that and whether it effected turning radius or anything else.
Thanks for your help!

You could but there always could be the risk of rubbing, meaning the tire would hit some of the wheel well. I've cut some of the plastic off on my wheel well and that helped alot.

pallettman

Reaction score
That is quite a jump. Your new tire would be almost 3.5" larger in diameter. There are several web sites that will compare tire sizes for you. You will also have to deal with incorrect speedometer readings.
Here is one site I use. https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Vondoman

Reaction score
You could but there always could be the risk of rubbing, meaning the tire would hit some of the wheel well. I've cut some of the plastic off on my wheel well and that helped alot.
I hv a 2020 Premier (19”) & wanted to go one size wider. I wish I could put one on & check clearances & stance.
Suggestions?

2012Equinox2.4Turbo

Reaction score
I run 20" stock wheels and tires from a 2010 Camaro SS on my 2012 Equinox. 245/45 R20 in the front; 275/40 R20 in the rear with a 5x120 bolt pattern. Very close to stock height but much wider and no rub.

The tire calculator at tacomaworld is great. Best to try and keep height as close as possible or you'll have to recalibrate your speedometer.

Members online

No members online now.