Thanks for allowing me to join Threw a Code PO171

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djmarch

Reaction score
Needing members advice....I bought a used 2019 chevy equinox for about 6 months now. The car ran great. The other day I filled the tank with E88, (88 octane). After about 60 miles my check engine light came on. Code PO171, lean fuel to air ratio, meaning a bad map sensor or O2 sensor. I don't think its a coincidence throwing this code now, and thinking it's related to the E88 fuel. Can this be ? Appreciated all comments.

corvairbob

Reaction score
you have a vacuum leak some place on the intake side. you may be able to put some propane or carb cleaer around the intake and all the lines to see if the engine either revs or stumbles, any change will tell you the area you have a vacuum leak but look for any part that will carry air between the intake maf sensor and the TB there are lots of YT sowing how to find vacuum leaks. good luck.
i used the search term 2019 chevy equinox p0171 code and got lots of hits here are a few.

Members online

No members online now.