Subframe rust in front of trailing arm. 2011 Equinox LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ktop2013

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to this group. I’ve had my Equinox for almost 5 years now and about 2 months ago it started making this really loud thumping noise from drivers side rear whenever I would hit a bump, go over train tracks etc. My fil thought it was the hub going out, so as we were replacing that we noticed the frame right where the trailing arm connects to it is rusted out pretty bad…I don’t want to junk it because it’s still a good running car, but obviously it is unsafe for the road…I guess I’m looking for suggestions on it! Thanks

JoeHunter

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to this group. I’ve had my Equinox for almost 5 years now and about 2 months ago it started making this really loud thumping noise from drivers side rear whenever I would hit a bump, go over train tracks etc. My fil thought it was the hub going out, so as we were replacing that we noticed the frame right where the trailing arm connects to it is rusted out pretty bad…I don’t want to junk it because it’s still a good running car, but obviously it is unsafe for the road…I guess I’m looking for suggestions on it! Thanks
The mounts on the frame for the trailing arm are paper thin and rust out. I replaced mine with brackets that this guy from Michigan makes.

Members online

No members online now.