Steering vibration when stooped or going very slow. 2016 Equinox 3.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi2

Reaction score
Steering vibration when turning wheel stopped or going very slow. Had the alternator and ps hose replaced as per gm service bulitin. Was better for about 3 weeks but now about the same. Im also noticing a vibration in the car when idling in gear. Feels like exhaust touching or bad motor mount but cant see anything. Any ideas.. Thanks

Vmontana

Reaction score
It's your motor mount. I had the same issue and we replaced one, come to find out all 4 we're super soft. Bought the 3m window weld and filled the remaining 3. After letting them cure for 24 hours in the summer, put them back in and they're even better than the new one we put in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123-084957.png
    Screenshot_20230123-084957.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 2

hemi2

Reaction score
It's your motor mount. I had the same issue and we replaced one, come to find out all 4 we're super soft. Bought the 3m window weld and filled the remaining 3. After letting them cure for 24 hours in the summer, put them back in and they're even better than the new one we put in.
Did you have the issue of steering wheel vibrating when turning at stop or very slow speed and did the motor mounts fix that. Thanks for the reply

hemi2

Reaction score
Thanks very much. Will have a peek at the mounts on next oil change. Appreciated

Members online

No members online now.