Starting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JL620

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2018 Equinox LT 2.0 and the other day I stopped at a light and the auto stop start kicked in as normal. The light changed and I took my foot off of the brake and the car did not start back up. Tried everything. Had to tow car to the shop. Car was at the shop for 3 days because they were busy. They finally got to look at it and called me and said there is no problem with the car. They checked battery, alternator, starter, etc and said all are good. The car started right up for them. My batter is new only a year old. I have been driving the car and it seems fine. I am worried that it will happen again. What could it be? I was thinking of replacing the starter to be safe. I dont want to get stuck again. Thank you

onslow

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2018 Equinox LT 2.0 and the other day I stopped at a light and the auto stop start kicked in as normal. The light changed and I took my foot off of the brake and the car did not start back up. Tried everything. Had to tow car to the shop. Car was at the shop for 3 days because they were busy. They finally got to look at it and called me and said there is no problem with the car. They checked battery, alternator, starter, etc and said all are good. The car started right up for them. My batter is new only a year old. I have been driving the car and it seems fine. I am worried that it will happen again. What could it be? I was thinking of replacing the starter to be safe. I dont want to get stuck again. Thank you
Could be many things; starter, relay, etc. I don't want my car stopping at intersections just so car companies can meet some government number for mpg. $20 to Amazon for the device to disable start stop is the best money I ever spent on my 2018 Equinox.

Members online

No members online now.