Sound Broke, Radio Breaks Depending On Weather 2012 Chevy Equinox LTZ Flex-Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RadarFolf

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have had a recurring problem every winter with my 2012 Chevy Equinox LTZ Flex-Fuel.
The radio and entire sound system, including radio, turn signal clicking and warning chimes (seatbelt, low gas, etc), go out completely, depending on the weather.

Anytime the car goes to the dealership to get worked on, nobody notices the issue with the sound or doesn’t find it a big enough issue to bring it up.

I’ve been told by certain car enthusiasts in other groups/forums that this issue would require the entire front dashboard of the car to be removed. I don’t think it’s an issue with the cables as it also has coincidentally happened after bluetooth is paired to a cell phone and the time and date has been set to the current time/date every single time it goes out is after this is done.

But, my mom thinks it’s an issue with the cabling or there’s a short somewhere.

Removing the battery cables and leaving the car unplugged to reset the battery fixes the issue until the time/date is set and bluetooth is paired, or as my mom seems to claim “it got cold again”

I need to know how to fix this in the easiest method possible and what is wrong with the radio, since this car will be the car I will start driving on (I get my license in less than a year) and I want to have a working radio and turn signal chime when I take my driver’s test sometime next year.

If anybody knows how to fix this issue, let me know.

Quick edit: The turn signals and radio “work” just it outputs no sound. Everything is still operational except for the sound.

Members online