Sirius XM Radio Type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T_Van

Reaction score
Does anyone know which XM radio exists in the newer Equinox? I just bought a 2014 3 months ago, and my free trial is almost up. I have an SCC1 Sirius radio that I had in my old car, and am curious if I can just use that one and remove the XM radio that exists in the Equinox now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
T_Van

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Is your previous Sirius radio you have used with a FM modulator direct line or wireless or can be used with the AUX port?

Your sound quality is going to be much better if you use the factory installed Sirius XM radio that is built in and displays through the Standard LS radio or 7in LCD My Link radio.

The only downfall is not being able to take your radio with you like the Delphi SkyFi radio

T_Van

Reaction score
"Is your previous Sirius radio you have used with a FM modulator direct line or wireless or can be used with the AUX port?"

It is the SCC1, which has a direct cable to the head unit. See the link for a picture:

Sirius SCC1 Receiver The GPS Store

I'm just wondering if the Equinox' stereo uses the same receiver. If so, I can just swap the two.

Thanks for the response back!

T_Van

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Hmm yeah i'm not sure. I can't find any parts explosions that list what comes factory.

What exactly will that receiver get you that the factory system doesn't already come with?

T_Van

Reaction score
I already have 2 subscriptions - one for my wife, and one for my old car. The one for my old car I also use in my motorhome. So I'd like to end the subscription for my new Equinox, but keep the old subscriptions. That way I don't get an interruption in service, but don't have to pay for a third subscription.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I understand. I think your best bet without tearing apart the dash to find out would be to go to your local dealer and have them locate the Receiver on a parts explosion for you.

Members online

No members online now.