Service AWD... It's a FWD car...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportranger

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new here and looking for some guidance on my GF's 2007 Equinox. She got it cheap and want's to keep it going so she can pay off her student loans quickly. I have worked through several issues and working on a few more to make it a reliable road-trip/commuter car. However, there is an interesting fault with it. It has a hard set Service AWD light that my simple Auto scanner can't clear. The kicker is, the car is FWD... trust me, the rear diff and drive shaft aren't there. Is this something I can clear if I purchase a Tech2 scanner/emulator?

Thanks for your help!

- Steve

Nocoast515

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new here and looking for some guidance on my GF's 2007 Equinox. She got it cheap and want's to keep it going so she can pay off her student loans quickly. I have worked through several issues and working on a few more to make it a reliable road-trip/commuter car. However, there is an interesting fault with it. It has a hard set Service AWD light that my simple Auto scanner can't clear. The kicker is, the car is FWD... trust me, the rear diff and drive shaft aren't there. Is this something I can clear if I purchase a Tech2 scanner/emulator?

Thanks for your help!

- Steve
That’s interesting, maybe it had a pcm installed at some point and someone programmed it wrong? Might need more than a code clear

Members online