Rubber fell off car, what could it be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandy d

Reaction score
When I got home, I noticed a piece of thin rubber in my garage. I am not sure what it is. I am afraid to drive the car. I do not want to be stranded if car breaks down. Any ideas on what it may have come from?rubber 1.JPGrubber 2.JPGrubber 1.JPGrubber 2.JPGrubber 3.JPGrubber 4.JPG

brandy d

Reaction score
Images are all the same 1 piece. It is a 2007 Chevy Equinox.

Last edited:

TARDIS B

Reaction score
It doesn't look like anything that would harm the drivability of your vehicle. If you can't look under your vehicle yourself just bring the rubber piece to your mechanic at your next service and ask.

brandy d

Reaction score
It doesn't look like anything that would harm the drivability of your vehicle. If you can't look under your vehicle yourself just bring the rubber piece to your mechanic at your next service and ask.
Thank you, I looked under it the best I could. I didn't see anything that looked broken or that it belonged to. It seems to be running fine. It is not making any weird sounds or anything.

ricklack

Reaction score
It is possible it is not even from your car. Perhaps you drove over it and it kicked up and landed on a subframe or similar, then fell off in your garage or driveway.

I agree that it does not look like anything important, possibly part of cover of some sort.

brandy d

Reaction score
Thank you, I was starting to think the same thing. I am not to familiar with car parts, so just wanted to see if anyone might recognize if it was part of the car.

Members online

No members online now.