Rough idle on cold start for 2018 2.0 equinox after induction service done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolV

Reaction score
I had induction service and spark plugs changed at 60,000 miles, now my equinox idles rough on cold start up, 1500 rpm's, sputters and then calms down after about 45 sec and rpm drop to 500, no codes show, dealer doesn't know what to do. Something is not right.

Reaction score
Wrong Plugs, Gap, Igniters not pushed in tight. Dealer should be able to correct. Reset the CPU a couple times.

ROBO

Reaction score
I had induction service and spark plugs changed at 60,000 miles, now my equinox idles rough on cold start up, 1500 rpm's, sputters and then calms down after about 45 sec and rpm drop to 500, no codes show, dealer doesn't know what to do. Something is not right.
My 2018 2.0 started doing the same thing recently. I have 45,000 miles on it, haven't touched the plugs or any induction service. I've done all the oil changes, vehicle hasn't required any other service other than oil changes.

CarolV

Reaction score
I've been to 2 different dealers. One said the spark plug gap was off and reset it, no change. I've been driving for about 6 months, no codes set off, gas milaeage is good. But on cold start, anything more than about 1 hr, its rough and shutters, almost feels like the motor is going to die, for about 45 sec, then the rpm's drop and its smooth,

CarolV

Reaction score
Induction service can damage the injectors, the engine, or sensors, if not done right. I would tell the place that did it to fix it.
Thanks Vern,
I went back to original dealer and they did find a bad spark plug, changed all the plugs and now runs fine.

Members online

No members online now.