Right front brake getting hot on 2011 FWD Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old School

Reaction score
Hello Old School here, about six weeks ago I stopped at a stop light. When I started driving I smelled something getting hot and noticed a vibration in the front end of car. I stopped and checked and found the right front brake caliper and rotor were extremely hot. I had to continue driving and after about 10 miles the vibration stopped and the brake cooled down. I put a new caliper on but the old brake pads were not worn anywhere down to need replacement according to the repair manual so I reused them. Drove for almost 3 to 4 weeks with no problem then same thing happened. I had to keep driving and again after about 10 miles the vibration stopped and brake cooled down. Only the right front brake does this. Hope someone can help don't want to take it to dealer I know what will happen. Thanks in advance

SteveK

Reaction score
WAG. you need new pads. If the caliper has to extend past a point it gets stuck and does not release immediately.

ricklack

Reaction score
also make sure you used enough brake lube on the sliding parts of the caliper, vibration clips etc and it is not binding

Old School

Reaction score
Hey Vern you just answered the $ 64,000 question sorry I can’t pay you but I can sure thank you a million. The metal bracket that secures the hose rusted and crushed the hose. Amazing what winter and salt
will do. Thanks again and for all the other ideas too.

Members online