Remote start and NO keyless entry ....... 2010 LTZ ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevesStuff

Reaction score
I'm new here so please forgive my typing and grammar! The following question is based on a vehicle I would like purchase but do not currently own -

Vehicle in question: 2010 Equinox LTZ from Canada currently being sold in the US. V-6 most options w/ no sun roof. Dealer says the key fob has 5 buttons to push and are as follows: lock, unlock, rear hatch, panic and remote start.
No mention of keyless entry. My understanding of the LTZ line, even from 2010 that keyless entry was standard and remote start was an option. Any thoughts of how this could be would be most appreciated.

Thanks for allowing me to post this on the forum ........ as in its eventuality I will be the owner of an Equinox!

Starfire

Reaction score
Keyless entry means you don't need a key to unlock the doors. You unlock them from the fob. Hence, the second button you mentioned: Unlock.

StevesStuff

Reaction score
The fob has lock and un-lock ........ but the vehicle in question does NOT have the feature, according to the sales person. Then he mentioned that if the door doesn't have 3 lines or some BS to that effect, the vehicle does not have keyless entry. I gave up on that particular vehicle and have moved on. There are soooooooooooo many mysterious stories coming from soooooooo many used car dealerships these day!

Starfire

Reaction score
The fob has lock and un-lock ........ but the vehicle in question does NOT have the feature, according to the sales person. Then he mentioned that if the door doesn't have 3 lines or some BS to that effect, the vehicle does not have keyless entry. I gave up on that particular vehicle and have moved on. There are soooooooooooo many mysterious stories coming from soooooooo many used car dealerships these day!
The vehicle does have that feature. Our 2010 Equinox LT had that feature (and my current 2010 GMC Terrain SLT also has that feature). If the fob doesn't unlock the door (keyless entry) then the fob is not for that car or needs to be reprogrammed. If, what you mean by "keyless entry" is the feature where all you need is the fob on your person and the door will be able to be opened, then I don't think the 2010 will have that feature (I don't remember when that came out but I think it was the mid-teens). You can tell if a GM car has that feature by looking at the outside driver's door handle. It will have a small silver oval button on it.

Members online