rear rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JR777

Reaction score
Newbie here. I have a weird rattle that I am having a tough time finding. @015 Equinox lt fwd. I have been all over the thing the only thing I have found is that the rear brake calipers are rattling. I had my wife sit in car to verify sound and I also checked it out. The question I have is the floating caliper mount bolts have a lot of play. I don't think new hardware will fix this. Has anybody dealt with this before. thanks in advance.

julie10

Reaction score
Get them to check the CV AXLE SHAFTS. I had a rattle upon acceleration for over two years. Dealer said it was a "body problem", but an independent shop replaced the RF CV axle shaft and, voila! - noise gone!

SYDNESB

Reaction score
Newbie here. I have a weird rattle that I am having a tough time finding. @015 Equinox lt fwd. I have been all over the thing the only thing I have found is that the rear brake calipers are rattling. I had my wife sit in car to verify sound and I also checked it out. The question I have is the floating caliper mount bolts have a lot of play. I don't think new hardware will fix this. Has anybody dealt with this before. thanks in advance.
Have you actually removed the wheel and caliper and inspected the hardware, clips, pins, and bolts?

Members online

No members online now.