Rattling on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julie10

Reaction score
For the past year, I hear a loud rattle when I accelerate from a full stop (like at a stop sign or light). It only rattles for a few seconds, but it's embarrassing; sounds like an old hoop-dy! I don't hear it at all while driving. Dealer said, after checking into it, that it's a "body problem" but couldn't tell me what part of the body is causing it. To me, it sounds like something is being hit by the drive shaft. Remember putting playing cards on your bike spokes (showing my age, here)? It's the same kind of thing; but NOT cool! Any ideas?

julie10

Reaction score
UPDATE and information! So, took my girl in for an oil change; this time to an independent shop. (My husband takes his Lexus there, so I thought, "They must be able to work on my Chevy!") Remember that the Chevy DEALER told me that this was a "body problem". Anyway, I found out that the right front CV AXLE SHAFT is clicking! I've been driving on this for over two years! The boot was not torn; but they spotted the problem, anyway. WAY TO GO, DEALER - you IDIOTS! It was pretty pricey, a bit over $400, but I feel SO much better. LESSON LEARNED: Don't trust the dealer just because they're the dealer and are supposed to know everything about your vehicle!

SYDNESB

Reaction score
For the past year, I hear a loud rattle when I accelerate from a full stop (like at a stop sign or light). It only rattles for a few seconds, but it's embarrassing; sounds like an old hoop-dy! I don't hear it at all while driving. Dealer said, after checking into it, that it's a "body problem" but couldn't tell me what part of the body is causing it. To me, it sounds like something is being hit by the drive shaft. Remember putting playing cards on your bike spokes (showing my age, here)? It's the same kind of thing; but NOT cool! Any ideas?
Go back to the dealer and get the inspection report and then post it on the forum. Not enough info to help.

Members online