Question regarding the "Nox" in snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lugnut125

Reaction score
I'm a fairly new owner of a 2012 Chevy Equinox (purchased my "Nox" in July 2012) and was wondering how the "Nox" performs in snow? Living in Texas, we generally don't get much snow, but do manage to get some of the white stuff, along with ice (yikes!), from time to time in the winter season. My "Nox" is the FWD version so I'm hoping it will do well when Old Man Winter decides to send the white stuff. Any comments? Thanks for reading my post. :)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
These cars do great! I am originally from Cleveland area, Ohio and lived in the snow belt. Been through 8-12"s with out a issue. I would normally run posted speeds with that kind of snow on the road.

I am only speculating but it my opinion it will run just as well in the snow as the Awd 2.4 and 3.0 but the 3.6 will probably be a different story with adequate horse power.

Now ice would be a different story and any vehicle can accelerate but it is the stopping on the ice that is commonly the problem.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD

rob

Reaction score
Living in the Great White North where snow is a major part of life, ex we got between six to nine inches on the level over the weekend I think I can speak to this question. I do put winter tires on my 2010 Nox which makes up for not having awd and haven't had any problems in snow or ice. I also live in the country where road cleaning usually takes several days. My brother and his wife live in the city but have an awd Nox and don't put on winter tires. Our two different experiences would suggest that your Nox should do fairly well on the few occasions that you'll run into winter like conditions.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I drove home late one night on I35 W south bound to I30 east
Back when the Super Bowl was being held here.
When we had all the snow.
Getting off I35 to get on I30 you have to go up that over pass.
2 trucks, 1 BMW, 1 Van 1 Big Rig stuck.
Me I went up, around, waved by as I just keep going.
Drove I30 at 45 mph.
Had no problems at all.

This is what the Terrain looked like when I got home that night.
132282253.gif

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
The only problem I had was it's a pain to power slid around corners.

132282257.gif

prheaume

Reaction score
I only experienced an AWD Nox in snow and it works perfectly. Don't throw yourself into a field with 48'' of snow but on 12-15 I will not get any problems. It will also perform better on road than a locked 4x4. but on the otherside, on the field, the locked 4x4 will work better.

Keep in mind that this is an on road truck with a system designed to stay on the road. If you keep the Nox into his parameters, you will not get any problems!

nox2013

Reaction score
I've had no problems with my FWD 2013 equinox with winter tires in snow.

08PILOT

Reaction score
My OE tires were horrible in the Snow. What we purchased
after Tax season last year scored better in online surveys.

We have yet to have any significant weather to try them.

Goodyear Eagles RS-A
Light Snow Traction - 4.4
Deep Snow Traction - 3.1
Sleet / Ice Traction - 3.2

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
Light Snow Traction - 7.3
Deep Snow Traction - 6.4
Sleet / Ice Traction - 6.4

Basically performance (In theory) has doubled vs. Originals.

*Keep in mind Sport's runs an 18" Low Pro Performance Tire.

Paul79UF

Reaction score
We just took our nox to Big Bear Lake (right after the incident with that crazy cop) and it did great in the small amount of snow/ice we drove over.

I bought some really nice Thule "premium" snow chains, but never got a chance to use them. Hopefully next year. :)

Members online

No members online now.