Question for anyone who purchased a new car this year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
My wife’s 22 didn’t come with a few features from the factory due to the “chip shortage”. She’s in an LT so it’s missing the rear cross traffic alert and the blind spot monitoring. Supposed to be installed at the dealer when they get the parts but I’m trying to gauge how long that might actually be. Or is Chevy just saying that and we won’t be getting the parts.

Anyone actually get the parts after delivery and have them installed?

wns808

Reaction score
I can relate because my wife’s ‘22 Enclave is missing the front/rear park assist function because of the chip shortage. Haven’t heard anything yet on when the chip will be available

ricklack

Reaction score
I am missing the heated seat module, but I got the recall notice that the parts are available. I called the dealer for them to order but have not heard back - this reminds me I need to call them today about it.

On another forum several people have said they already have their heated seats recall completed, but no one has mentioned the rear collision and blind spot recall. All of us were only missing heated seat module.

Check the MyGM website for your account/ car and see if you have a recall notice. That's where I saw mine - I have not yet gotten a letter.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I am missing the heated seat module, but I got the recall notice that the parts are available. I called the dealer for them to order but have not heard back - this reminds me I need to call them today about it.

On another forum several people have said they already have their heated seats recall completed, but no one has mentioned the rear collision and blind spot recall. All of us were only missing heated seat module.

Check the MyGM website for your account/ car and see if you have a recall notice. That's where I saw mine - I have not yet gotten a letter.
Any idea where on the MyGM site it would show it? Trying to look now

ricklack

Reaction score
after you sign in, it's under the Notification icon :
1666027152970.png

BTW, I have an appointment to get the recall done this Thursday.

ricklack

Reaction score
I got home last night and there was a letter from GM with my recall notice. Website says it was issued Sept 16, so it took 3 weeks to send the letter.

Funny thing, the recall letter info varied quite a bit from the notice on the website. The letter cautions that if you have more than one device waiting for the chip or module, this recall may not fix all your issues.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
I got home last night and there was a letter from GM with my recall notice. Website says it was issued Sept 16, so it took 3 weeks to send the letter.

Funny thing, the recall letter info varied quite a bit from the notice on the website. The letter cautions that if you have more than one device waiting for the chip or module, this recall may not fix all your issues.
Very good info. Didn’t think about that.

ricklack

Reaction score
Took mine in yesterday for the recall and my car is now complete. My sciatic and back are much happier now LOL

I also had the oil changed and snow tires/wheels swapped. The dealer had an Ask the Experts event going on and provided refreshments, I moseyed around eating and yapping with my salesman. It took them about 1.5 hours to do all of it, so the recall itself was less than an hour as other have reported.

When I got home from work tonight I got chimes reminding me to check the back seat. I had turned that feature off last December when I got the car. Checked the settings and sure enough, it was enabled. I guess when they reprogram the BCM, some of the settings return to default. Might be a good idea to recheck settings after they do the recall.

JGutta

Reaction score
My wife’s 22 didn’t come with a few features from the factory due to the “chip shortage”. She’s in an LT so it’s missing the rear cross traffic alert and the blind spot monitoring. Supposed to be installed at the dealer when they get the parts but I’m trying to gauge how long that might actually be. Or is Chevy just saying that and we won’t be getting the parts.

Anyone actually get the parts after delivery and have them installed?
My 22 RS came without heated seat module. I bought it in June and this Saturday they’re supposed to be installing the retrofit. So about 6 months here. Oh and the way I knew the part was ordered was I got an alert on the app that said customer satisfaction recall.

ricklack

Reaction score
The 2022 heated seats apparently have a feature that was not present on my 2013. After about 30 minutes on high, it automatically lowers to the next setting (medium).

I checked the manual but found no mention of it. However, in the heated rear seat section (I do not have this option) it does say that the setting lowers after 30 minutes. It would make sense the front seats do the same.

I use my heated seats year round for my sciatic pain and always started with the high setting but usually changed to the middle setting, so this works perfectly for me. I haven't driven more than 45 minutes since the recall so wonder if it will lower it further? Not that it matters, I just sit around wondering about silly things sometimes 😁

spaycace

Reaction score
I notice in my ‘19 Premier, if I remote start the vehicle, the seat will automatically drop to the next lower setting, until it turns off completely. If I manually set the seat temperature, it stays at that setting. I haven’t paid much attention to whether or not it turns off automatically then, but when I have my long drives to work next week, I’ll test a few things out to see what happens.

spaycace

Reaction score
Seats stay at the setting I set them to if I set it manually; it dropped to the next lower setting until it turns off completely if I remote started it and I don’t mess with the setting.

ricklack

Reaction score
After driving several months since the heated seats are working, the setting goes from high to medium after 30 minutes and stays there no matter how long I drive. Which is just fine with me :)

BOZE

Reaction score
My 2023 Premier stays at what I selt it in, but it gets too warm after awhile so I just knock it down to medium or low then off.

Staff online

Members online