problem after cleaning water spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tns58

Reaction score
Need help/advice please. I have a black 2012 Equinox just bought used and after first wash, had water spots that would not come off. Someone suggested dilute white vinegar and spray and wipe. I used 4 oz. of white vinegar to 28oz. of water and used a microfiber towel to wipe off quickly, and then another clean microfiber towel to wipe again. tried on the hood and it took off the water spots, but a few mins. later I noticed tiny white specs on the hood. You could kind of scrape some off with your fingernail. Hood also looks duller now. Is this wax coming off? What do I need to do next? Apply wax or cleaner? Clay bar and then wax? The solution should have been safe at this dilution and it did not stay on very long. Did I screw up bad? Appreciate your input.

3fingers

Reaction score
Hmm clay the paint and polishing it should remove it and restore its finish.

equilover

Reaction score
I use Meguiar's A3714 Compound Water Spot Remover. Got mine from Amazon. It's effective.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
It might be a little pricey but I use this stuff that you can use after a wash called EZdetailer, it's around $15 a can but one can us good for 3-5 vehicles.

EZ WAX 579221 Premium EZ Detailer Waterless Cleaning Spray Wax - Rakuten.com

If your car is dusty you can use it to wash your vehicle but if it's muddy better get that thing pre-washed. It's a wax on, wax off formula. You can use it on windows and everywhere else, it'll also buff out some scratches while you buff it by hand.

Once you wipe it in, you'll notice the haze, spray sparingly throughout the entire body the vehicle. Go back again with a new towel and wipe away the haze. It be the best your vehicle looks after a wash/wax.

EQui

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem too. Will take note of the suggestions.

larcalco

Reaction score
It might be a little pricey but I use this stuff that you can use after a wash called EZdetailer, it's around $15 a can but one can us good for 3-5 vehicles.

EZ WAX 579221 Premium EZ Detailer Waterless Cleaning Spray Wax - Rakuten.com

If your car is dusty you can use it to wash your vehicle but if it's muddy better get that thing pre-washed. It's a wax on, wax off formula. You can use it on windows and everywhere else, it'll also buff out some scratches while you buff it by hand.

Once you wipe it in, you'll notice the haze, spray sparingly throughout the entire body the vehicle. Go back again with a new towel and wipe away the haze. It be the best your vehicle looks after a wash/wax.

A friend also recommeded that to me and it really worked great.

rfernald

Reaction score
Clay bar! What you may have is oxidation.... WallyWorld sells a kit or there are some on Amazon. Best finish ever!

Members online